Friday, November 03, 2006

Recent Webpage Updates

Those of you who frequent this site have probably noticed two minor additions on the right-hand side. The first is the inclusion of Google Ads. I subscribed to Adsense as a way to increase the cash in my pocket before I go abroad. If you're a fellow blogger, you might want to look in to the feature. All you do is put the applet on your webpage, and then you get paid depending on how many people visit your site and/or click the advertisements. Google uses software that reads through your posts and targets ads that share at least a small fit with your blog content. To read more, check out their information page.

The next addition is the shameless statement: "I use Google Analytics!" This is not a plug for Google. I use page elements for my blogs, and I needed to specify a name for a second javascript applet I installed. This one tracks the number of people who visit my blogs and where they are reading from. I wanted to have a better idea of who my audience was so I can post appropriately. I also doubt I currently have a high number of readers, but I don't know for sure. Google Analytics will give me a traffic report every day to prove me wrong. If you want they same features on your site, check out their information page.

No comments: